Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Spring Resolutions

No, not a New Year resolution, but spring. The sun is calling me outside, but the children nap. I would love to throw on my running shoes and run....run too fast like I did on Saturday. It felt so good to get out and run, I went way to fast, ran out of steam and ended up sore, but it was ALL worth it. I will never claim to love running. I can't even say I like it. I thought my husband's obsession with it, would motivate me. I dream of days when something just switches in my mind and body and I race like a horse, not losing my breath or stamina. That has never happened. I ran a half marathon when I was 14 weeks pregnant. HUGE accomplishment. I took it SLOW, very slow and I enjoyed every minute of it. So...my spring resolution is stop beating myself up for my dis-like of running, but still get out there (or down there on the treadmill) and do it. I'll beg my hubbie to give me outside running time, but not until he has ran his marathon on April 30th. He has improved so much this year through a new training program and I can't wait to see him reach his goal.

Here's to resolutions, even if we aren't that good at them!

No comments: