Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Question

"When did I start seeing children as commonplace and stop seeing motherhood as a holy place?"

This question comes from http://www.aholyexperience.com

I had to really stop and think about this. Motherhood as a holy place? Really? In the midst of clutter, snotty noses, overturned couches and cushions from fort making, sticky fingers, potty breaks, dirty diapers, wet diapers, more dirty diapers, cries for help....I stop. Yes, this is a holy place. For in the clutter there is discovery. The fort is our fortress of fun. Sticky fingers prove nourishment. All things dealing with the word "potty" mean that my children are healthy. Their bodies work as they are made to. Cries for help mean that I am their protector. It is a holy place. I will see these daily "chores" as gifts. Never will my children be commonplace. I will make this a holy place, for all of us to dwell, always inviting our Savior in.

No comments: