Sunday, September 28, 2008

Together for Lincoln

Today was one of those days I don't ever want to forget. I was able to be a part of the amazing project the churches of Lincoln decided to partake in: Together for Lincoln. I saw my husband and 2-year-old son painting a house, I watched my Dad hold the hands of the elderly, my mom push Eli's stroller so I could chase after Owen, and finally, I watched an entire city worshiping as one body in Christ. It was breath taking! I lifted my arm in worship as I held Eli in the other and gazed at Owen and Aaron as they sang. To my left was an elderly woman I had never met, but instantly felt like she could be my grandma. It was a good day, it was a beautiful night, it is going to be a wonderful year of watching the Holy Spirit move in this town.

www.togetherforlincoln.com

No comments: